[chirp_devel] Windows Server availability

Philip Arola
Sat Oct 8 16:19:32 PDT 2016

Excellent.  I will try to get a working script and test it across a few versions.  I think in your case, simply using the PowerShell script is the better choice, considering Ketarin is meant to be run continuously as a monitor.

You would have to install a program into the image (Chocolatey), and also remember to run the script (or include it in your build script).

-Philip Arola
-KG7VAM
-philiparola at hotmail.com<mailto:philiparola at hotmail.com>

From: Dan Smith via chirp_devel<mailto:chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2016 11:38 AM
To: chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com<mailto:chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Subject: Re: [chirp_devel] Windows Server availability

> Yes.  Essentially my question is if Windows compilation/testing is done
> on a Windows machine, or on some other OS.  If the compilation is done
> on a Windows server, then the process is fairly easy.  Either process
> outlined here (https://chocolatey.org/docs/automatic-packages) would work.

Yeah, I spin up a windows instance to do the builds, and could
potentially work this into the process as well. Updating the image that
I use for the build isn't a huge deal, but it's not as simple as just
tweaking an always-on server. That, and I loathe every time I need to
mess with that stuff :)

--Dan