[chirp_devel] Icom ID-51

Dan Smith
Sun Feb 17 19:11:53 PST 2013

> I then imported my ID-51 .ICF file, and most of the memory lines
> imported correctly !!  Ditto for reading from the radio (serial port
> COM220) !!

Nice!

> Since some of the frequencies didn't import correctly, I suspect that
> this is the same (or similar) issue as reported in bug 559 for the
> ID-880H.  There are other "Gotchas" as well, like not knowing about
> AM mode, and it appears that the "Skip" bit has moved ...

Okay, cool. Sounds like it may be best to make them share either from a
common base class (if you prefer) or just make the id51 inherit from
the '31 and break out / override bits you need. Let me know if you
need help with any of that syntax.

Running the integration tests against the id31 driver should give you a
pretty good indication that you haven't broken anything, but I can test
the '31 driver here if anything concerns you.

Thanks Dean!