[chirp_devel] #112: Memory bank support for VX-8

Robert Terzi
Tue May 17 17:31:18 PDT 2011

On 5/17/2011 7:57 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
>> +    # Return channels for a bank. Bank given as number
>> +    def get_bank_channels(self, bank):

> This is so that we can present the user with a list of channels
> belonging to a bank, right? I.e, they want to create a bank by tagging
> channels into it instead of marking the channel with a specific bank...

For what it's worth the two "commercial" apps I've used for the VX-8
only let you see the bank info in context of the memory channels.
each memory channel get 24 columns for each memory bank.

Admittedly much of the time this is how I'd like to work with
memory banks, add a new repeater and put it in the bank to
tag it's location or what ever property I want to restrict
my scanning to.

However, what I'd like see is the by bank view, and this is
part of my motivation for working on it.  There are times
I'd like to work in just the limited view of bank members
or have a report by bank.

Don't know if this helps,
--Rob