[chirp_devel] #112: Memory bank support for VX-8

Dan Smith
Tue May 17 17:37:00 PDT 2011

> For what it's worth the two "commercial" apps I've used for the VX-8
> only let you see the bank info in context of the memory channels.
> each memory channel get 24 columns for each memory bank.

Is this in the view where you set the banks, or in the view where you
edit the memory itself?  Got a screenshot?  I never use the commercial
stuff.  Doesn't run on my platform :)

> Admittedly much of the time this is how I'd like to work with
> memory banks, add a new repeater and put it in the bank to
> tag it's location or what ever property I want to restrict
> my scanning to.

Hmm, well, I could make the per-memory bank selection a different and
more-active widget and let you set it there too, I suppose.

> However, what I'd like see is the by bank view, and this is
> part of my motivation for working on it.  There are times
> I'd like to work in just the limited view of bank members
> or have a report by bank.

Yeah, well, I think I'd like to go with this change initially and remove
the bank column in memory edit view.  Then once we get all the internal
stuff worked out to make it behave properly, I can see about adding the
bank column back into the memory editor and make it do the right thing.