[chirp_devel] #112: Memory bank support for VX-8

Dan Smith
Tue May 17 16:57:02 PDT 2011

> +    # Return channels for a bank. Bank given as number
> +    def get_bank_channels(self, bank):
> +        nchannels = 0
> +        size = self._memobj.bank_sizes[bank]
> +        if size<= 198:
> +            nchannels = 1 + size/2
> +        _channels = self._memobj.bank_channels[bank]
> +        channels = []
> +        for i in range(0, nchannels):
> +            channels.append(_channels.channel[i])
> +
> +        return channels

This is so that we can present the user with a list of channels
belonging to a bank, right? I.e, they want to create a bank by tagging
channels into it instead of marking the channel with a specific bank...

So, maybe we need to change the UI to not allow per-memory bank editing
for any of the radios, but rather make the bank editor more robust, and
capable of handling the one-to-one and one-to-many bank models.  I'm
definitely in favor of a unified workflow in the UI. We'll just need to
change the current bank-supporting drivers to return banks of memories
(like you have above) and declare whether they support one-to-one or
one-to-many.

Sound reasonable? I can try to hack some of the UI changes up in a
prototype patch if this seems like a good path forward.