[UAT] Just some information.

Dan Smith
Fri Jan 18 14:09:29 PST 2013

Hi David,

> I have been testing your aprs tracker and it seems very interesting
> for my needs, mainly SOTA activities. I use it under Kubuntu 12.10.
> According to your small film in youtube, your software shows up the
> voltage and temp, how did you configure it ?

I have a small arduino that spits out some telemetry data on a serial
port that the tracker displays. It's a total hack for my situation,
since I never really intended anyone else to run this but me :)

If other folks are interested in helping, perhaps coming up with a
general way to get such info into the tracker would be a good idea.

> Another thing, during your film we can see aprs pictures, according
> different kinds of aprs stations, in my case I do not see any kind of
> pictures, maybe anything bad from my side.

If you look in images/ there should be a Makefile and a couple of
images. Run 'make' in there to generate aprs_pri_big.png, and then
you should see images in the display. Make sure that the ui is running
with a working directory set to the top level source (i.e. the parent of
images).