[UAT] Dan's Software help

Martin Hebnes Pedersen
Mon Apr 15 03:01:45 PDT 2013

On 13/04/13 00:07, Erik Schott wrote:
> Martin
> Sorry to bother you but one more question.
> When I hook up to the aprstest.ini, all seems to work well and handled
> well.
> Now when i connect it only to my TNC and listen on our local freq., i
> only see stations listed who are actually heard directly by me or
> digipeated on RF.
>
> But objects and stations, originating on aprs-is and digipeated by our
> local aprs digipeater are ignored (for instance our clubhouse which we
> put on aprs-is though tcpip)
>
> Is that hard-coded or a setting somewhere. or beyond the aim of the
> DanTracker.
> Would be nice to see some objects as well.
> 73's
> Erik

Hi again, Erik

I am not absolutely sure, but I believe you're talking about the THIRD
PARTY FORMAT of aprs packets:
"One special format character } allows any APRS packet to be carried or
transmitted by any other station. This is what allows the both the
ZIPLAN and IGATE messaging capability! On receipt of a 3rd party packet,
the original header is dropped and the packet is recursively parsed
again, beginning at the {."

Parsing of such packets is not (yet) implemented by libfap,
unfortunately. I believe n7nix's branch tries to handle this but relies
on a libfap patch that has not been accepted yet (correct me if I'm wrong).

--
73 de LA5NTA