[drats_users] Linux recommendation for older Laptop.

John E. Malmberg
Sat Jan 4 11:47:09 PST 2014

I have acquired free a used Dell Inspirion 600m laptop with 512 MB
memory for use in deploying d-rats on.

So I am looking for recommendations on which Linux to install on it, as
the newer versions of the major distributions all require at least 1 GB
to enable the GUI.

It would be useful if the Linux GUI can give the power management
status, as it turns out the reason the Laptop was free is that there is
a loose connection on the power jack, so unless the cord is positioned
correctly, it is not being charged.

Regards,
-John