[drats_users] Email Accounts

Don Poaps
Thu May 16 16:55:06 PDT 2013

It works.  There's a PDF file that gives direction. The biggest key is
finding a way to get your email sent out. The reflectors have passwords. If
you don't have it. It's not going to work. I got it to work last year. I
ended up getting all of my gmail messages downloaded into Drats. This time
I have a D Rats Gmail account set up. I can't send pop email because I
don't have the Reflector Pop email password.

Don va7dgp

On Thursday, May 16, 2013, Richard Browning wrote:

>  I have the same problem, but no idea of how to fix it.  At first I
> thought it was something Comcast, my ISP, had done because I had to change
> the access ports a few weeks ago.  But then I installed Mozilla Thunderbird
> and used it to access the gmail account, and everything seems to work OK.
> As best I can tell the settings in Thunderbird match the settings in
> DRATS.  It is not exclusively the gmail account though because I also have
> the same problem with an account at another ISP.  It really looks like some
> issue with DRATS itself.   ??????
>
> Richard Browning  AD5RB
>
> At 04:06 PM 5/16/2013, you wrote:
>
> For some reason, my incoming emails from my gmail account are not
> arriving.  I can send using the smtp.gmail.com but don't receive emails
> sitting in the gmail server.  I have successfully received emails before
> but for some reason am not now.  The debug log says <[MAIL
> dhsfaresdrats at gmail.com@pop.gmail.com] Not connected>.  I have checked
> the Windows Firewall and TCP and UDP are allowed for D-RATS.  Any ideas
> anyone?
>
> --
> 73 de N4VIP (SFARES EC, SANTA FE AND SAN MIGUEL COUNTIES DEC), Don

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP
Satern Member