[drats_users] Experimenting With a Ratflector...

Dan Ozment
Wed Mar 27 15:04:59 PDT 2013

I'm trying to learn more about D-RATS and Ratflectors by bringing up one of
my own.   After many restarts I have finally made progress.

My test bed is as follows:

1) A PC connected to an IC-92AD running D-RATS ver 0.3.3

2) A second PC D-RATS ver 0.3.3 and the Ratflector app set up with a
connection to an IC-2820.

3) Both PCs have internet access, however, for my radio test I turn off the
internet connection on PC #1.

I can chat back and forth between the  two PCs using the radio link.   I
also get good results when I file transfer radio to radio.    From either PC
I can connect to another ratflector over the internet.    I can connect to
my ratflector remotely via the internet.

My understanding is that I should be able to add an internet connection from
my ratflector on PC #2 to another ratflector (ref.d-rats.com, for example)
and give access to that ratflector to PC #1.    However, when I try to add
the connection to a remote ratflector my ratflector and D-RATS on PC #2 stop
talking to each other.   To restore communications between the two I have to
remove the remote ratflector definition and restart both the ratflector app
and D-RATS.

Can someone confirm for me if what I am trying to do is possible and, if so,
give me suggestions as to why I'm not able to make it work?

Thanks and 73!

Dan

W4DTO