[drats_users] D-StarQuery D-RATS Plugin

Josh Housey
Tue Jan 22 19:10:50 PST 2013

All,

There is a function within all Icom D-STAR repeaters that utilizes low-speed data called "D-StarQuery". You can find it as a part of the "D-Star Monitor (DSM)" and its located on /opt/dstarmon directory. Essentially,  it is where you can send some commands (queries) using low speed data and access information from a repeater. I found the following website that describes it also briefly and shows how it operates. That website is the following: http://ladstar.org/ls.htm.

I ran across the following e-mail at http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/drats_users/2010-January/002775.html and decided to attempt adding this on to D-RATS.
<<
Hi OMs, Happy New Year to all. I've written a little "contrib" for D-RATS, a plugin who allow you to
perform a DStarQuery server for D-RATS networks!!! The small server listen on 9100 port and every prefixed by ?* chat
message is analized to match with commands in the .ini file. You can
define commands as you need. See the examples. Python source code and infos are in http://www.d-rats.com/download/contrib/d-rats_query.tar.gz. I've tested it on a linux box only, windows users please report errors
or defects. Comments, requests and suggests are welcome! If you modify the source, please give a feedback to me. 73s de Leo, IZ5FSA

I 've downloaded the software and it is now running right now on the KC9SJY D-RATS station.  It doesn't require a D-STAR repeater (ratflector) to run.
You simply run the command, as:
python d-rats_query 127.0.0.1 9100 <D-RATS port>  (Not sure what the use for 9100 is and whether multiple D-RATS ports can be used)

Use of D-RATS ratflector is not required but can be utilized with this.
Let me know by e-mail if you would like to try it on the system here, otherwise, bring up D-RATS and watch for the QST for the information.
I haven't had any time in setting anything up, so, if you access anything by using this, it will be Italian.

Any questions about this, please feel free to ask.

73
Josh, AB9FT