[drats_users] Windows using 50% CPU after running for a few minutes.

John E. Malmberg
Fri Feb 8 17:51:04 PST 2013

On 1/29/2013 11:00 PM, Mike Heitmann wrote:
> I normally run d-rats on a Linux machine, but if memory serves, I
 > think this is caused by an incompatible (32 bit instead of 64 bit)
> version of the file lzhuf.exe.

I checked with Patrick, N3tsz, and he told me that the patch was only
for Windows 2000.

He is also seeing the same CPU problem on Windows XP.

The system I was using had a hardware failure, so I needed to replace it
in a hurry, so now I am running Windows 8.

The CPU problem is also showing up on Windows 8.

It is like there is a 15 minute timer that goes off, and then something
starts just looping.

A new issue has shown up with Windows 8, the d-rats program now needs to
be run as administrator in order to be configured or to connect to the
USB Serial port.

The Icom RS91 program is able to connect to the serial port just fine
with out being run with privilege.

Another issue that I have found is that with the USB serial port,
sometimes I have to unplug the USB adapter and plug it back in for
either d-rats or RS91 to use it.

Regards,
-John