[drats_users] What do I Tell my Friends??

Matt Maguire
Wed Feb 6 21:05:55 PST 2013

On 07/02/2013, at 3:54 PM, Tony Langdon <vk3jed at vkradio.com> wrote:

> On 7/02/13 2:48 PM, Matt Maguire wrote:
>
>> I guess if you run TCP/IP on top of AX.25, you could set up a ratflector on one of the packet hosts, and the other packet hosts can connect to the ratflector via a TCP connection over AX25. The main problem would be that the AX25, IP and TCP headers together would present significant overhead compared to running D-RATS directly on top of KISS, but it would allow for greater flexibility.
> That would work.  Sure, not as efficient, but very flexible.  The
> Pacratflector? ;)

Yes, I suppose the ref.d-rats.com ratflector would be fine :-)  It might make sense to run a separate ratflector on AMPRnet if you wanted to keep the traffic purely on AMPRnet, and prevent connections from the public Internet (eg. via tcp wrappers), but I'm not sure how much value there would be in that.

73, Matt VK2RQ