[drats_users] D-Rats for iPad or Android Tablet ?

Mike Heitmann
Tue May 29 11:19:50 PDT 2012

> Any plans for porting D-Rats for use on an iPad or Android Tablet ?

Nothing in work to that end that I'm aware of, but...

I've been experimenting with an iPad and a Pignology.net  Pigtail:
http://pignology.net/?p=560

Connect the pigtail to your D-STAR radio low speed data port, run a telnet app on the iPad (or iPhone) and you have a low speed data terminal.

It also works with a laptop or netbook.

If the Pigtail is pre-configured first, I've had success  with D-RATS running on netbook if you tell D-RATS to use a network port that points to the Pigtail on your network rather than a serial port.

This needs more extensive testing, but it appears to work.

Mike, N0SO