[drats_users] Gatting two 2820's to talk DRATS

Kent Hufford
Sun Mar 25 15:57:15 PDT 2012

My copies of DRATS on Windows 7 laptops works fine connected to the
Ratflector. Also, I can communicate with my 92AD and 3 other 92AD's via
direct RF DRATS.

We have a large emcom exercise coming up the end of April and want to
demonstrate DRATS messaging via RF between 3 2820's.

So far, we have been unable to get them to receive each other. I am using
the 3/32 stereo to DB9 serial cables from the data port to the PC's that
have real serial ports(that work fine with

the 92ADs). When connected, I can get DRATS to key the 2820s and they seem
to send, but nothing is received that I can tell on the other 2820s, or

I have them set as shown below-

IC-92AD

38400

DV DATA TX = AUTO, GPS TX = DISABLED, GPS AUTO TX = OFF

I know it is something simple I have set wrong, or not yet set. So, someone
that has this working, help please.

thanks,

Kent

KQ4KK

khufford at atlanticbb.net

****

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check
made payable

to 'The United States of America ' for any amount, up to and including their
life.