[drats_users] Down to one Question

Mike Heitmann
Sat Jan 28 16:26:25 PST 2012

Hi John,

>         I was able to answer all my questions except the following.

That's great!

> I have set up DPRS.
> On the GPS tab in preferences:
> I have selected a map symbol.
> I have entered a static Lat and Long. (No GPS)
> I have downloaded maps.
> I see my position on my own map.
>
> What I do not see is my position transmitted.
> What port does the DPRS position packets go out on?
> Is it all open ports or just certain ones?
> How often does the position report go out?

It only goes out on the port selected in the pull-down menu to the left of the "send" line, and then only if you create a QST gps message.

> How do you set the time period between position reports?
> How do I turn DPRS off when I do not want to use it?

You must create a QST message that beacons GPS. Time period is one of the parameters you can set.  You can enable and disable the QST message.

Take a look at this and see if it helps clears things up:

http://www.d-rats.com/documentation/3-manual/12-configuration/#UserManual0.3.QST_Settings

> Hopefully I have asked the correct questions in an
> understandable way.
> Obviously I do not understand how DPRS is implemented
> in D-Rats.
> Any Help will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you for your time in reading this E-Mail.

You're welcome, hope this gets you going.

73,
Mike, N0SO