[drats_users] Down to one Question

kb2scs at optonline.net
Sat Jan 28 07:51:06 PST 2012

Hi All
         I was able to answer all my questions except the following.
I have set up DPRS.
On the GPS tab in preferences:
I have selected a map symbol.
I have entered a static Lat and Long. (No GPS)
I have downloaded maps.
I see my position on my own map.

What I do not see is my position transmitted.
What port does the DPRS position packets go out on?
Is it all open ports or just certain ones?
How often does the position report go out?
How do you set the time period between position reports?
How do I turn DPRS off when I do not want to use it?

Hopefully I have asked the correct questions in an
understandable way.
Obviously I do not understand how DPRS is implemented
in D-Rats.
Any Help will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time in reading this E-Mail.

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John KB2SCS
           Packet:        KB2SCS at WA2PNU,#NLI.NY.USA.NOAM
           E-Mail:         kb2scs at arrl.net
           Web Page:  http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs