[drats_users] Finding the appropriate Linux PPA on d-rats.org

John & Colene Trinterud
Sun Jan 22 12:33:47 PST 2012

Dan

I added the repository listed in your d-rats.com download directory and used
the following commands:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-hams-updates/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install d-rats

Where's Steve's PPA?

Thanks
John T
KJ6PAP

> Kubuntu 11.10 Update - I downloaded the missing GTK Development Kit
> and associated libraries, all 550MB of it. I then removed and
> reinstalled D-RATS, and removed the debug.log in my HOME/.d-rats
> directory. D-RATS still will not start and I get the same exact error
> message, missing the "module named glade"

You should be using Steve's PPA, which will allow you to install all the
dependencies automatically. He can direct you to the best one to use as it
changed recently and I'm not sure which is the preferred location anymore.