[drats_users] New OS X D-RATS build and "right" click

Josh Housey
Wed Feb 22 20:17:47 PST 2012

This is for Dan (KK7DS) or anyone that can help me out who is running the new daily builds on Mac OS X.  On the previous versions (using X11), you were able to click on Option to simulate the right click for laptops with only one button for such functions as "Query all stations" and some others that cannot brought up through the menus. What you had to do get this to work before is enable the "simulate third button" for X11 preferences With the new builds, I have this option enabled still and it doesn't work. Is there something else that you have to hit or set to bring up the right click with one button on the new version of D-RATS?

Otherwise, my experience with the new version is that I am not finding many problems but haven't explored it fully. At least the tradeoffs (performance and not using X11) are worth it using at the current time. Probably won't consider going back to 3.3b2... I did had the same experience with my "WeatherU" QSTs closing down when it transmits it (already mentioned) and probably share some of those that mentioned about keyboard shortcuts, etc. Otherwise, I still plan on trying everything out and reporting anything I find.

Thanks.

73
Josh, AB9FT