[drats_users] New Daily Build

Debbie Fligor
Mon Feb 20 14:23:20 PST 2012

On Feb 20, 2012, at 15:10, Dan Smith wrote:

>> I'v got it running, it's nice to not have to launch X11 first.  the
>> basics seem straight forward and are working, but the first thing I
>> noticed is how tiny the default chat font is.  Nothing in preferences
>> jumped out at me for setting the font size.  Part of it is my eyes
>> are starting to notice small fonts more, and some of it is the
>> display, but is there an easy way to change the font size in the new
>> Mac .app?
>
> File -> Preferences -> Chat -> Font size ? That's always been there and
> seems to work for me, does it not for you?

Ah. it's "chat font" (no size), and I saw "Sans" but not the 12 at the end. If I click on that bar, I get the normal Mac text box, and I'm all set for choosing it. it didn't seem to change at first, but I think that's because Sans 12 and Sans 14 look almost alike on this monitor. choosing something larger did show it was changing.

> Presumably you're not seeing the behavior Gord is describing, right?

not really. I've stopped and started it without rebooting,  Quit doesn't work from the menu though, neither does pressing "q" "Q" or cmd-Q .  cmd-p doesn't get me the ping box, cmd-w doesn't close windows.  clicking the go-away box for the main window quits and exits the program even if other windows like map are open (not a very mac-like behavior).

-debbie N9DN