[drats_users] D-RATS on a Raspberry Pi

hubbell
Mon Dec 17 16:33:54 PST 2012

I am trying to get my PI to do DRATS also.
I have no experience with linux. Could someone elmer me with step by step inputs to get running?
n2kto1 at gmail.com
ps when I say step by step I mean: plug in wallwart/turn on monitor/......type apt-toforget everything/@#$T

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Heitmann" <n0so at att.net>
To: "Discussion of D-RATS" <drats_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 9:57:07 AM
Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-RATS on a Raspberry Pi

Very good. I believe both should run, but most especially if you run the repeater without the GUI, the RPi should work very well as a portable ratflector.

You might give running from the source a try. Then you don't have to mess with the apt repo (except to get pyserial and a few other things d-rats will need). Just download, untar it to a folder in your home directory, cd to that directory and, from a terminal window, enter:
./d-rats

You may need to install a few packages: pyserial first and a few others detailed here:
http://www.d-rats.com/documentation/5-developer-notes/21-linux-build-environment/

Let me know how it turns out. As I say, it's on my list of things to try!

Mike, N0SO