[drats_users] Email

Don Poaps
Tue Aug 7 13:53:03 PDT 2012

I agree. This is all done by radio. Let's forget about internet access. Its not check

Ok. I think you gave me an answer.
The email stays in the out box until that station logs on.
So when I did the reply to N0SO. It will sit until Mike is on. That's almost peer to peer except there a D Star Repeater in the way.

So my best bet would be to use a outboard TNC for winlink  and D rats to receive the winlink email chat, etc.

Don
------Original Message------
From: Rolan O. Clark
To: Donald Poaps
To: Discussion Of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] Email
Sent: Aug 7, 2012 9:06 AM

Are you talking about d-rats email or sending internet email from a d-rats
radio?

I certainly am not an expert but as I understand it the email you send  will
wait in your outbox until it recognizes the target station is on the air if
you are radio only.  Are you sending radio to radio or going through a DSTAR
system.  I am interested in what you are doing. A few of us here have done
many hours experimenting with r-rats email both on the internet and via
radios and using d-rats email as well as internet email, simplex, and by
radios simplex and connected to the internet but not through DSTAR repeater
systems.

I think its  confusing because, I think, one has to know whether one is
talking  about d-rats email or internet email and whether connected to the
internet and how.

Take care,

73 de rolan w3fdk