[drats_users] Configuring Winlink 2000

Kirk Talbott
Sun Oct 23 18:21:34 PDT 2011

I have some questions about D-RATS and Winlink 2000.

Since Winlink 2000 RMS nodes are Packet Radio nodes, is it possible
to get E-mail from D-RATS to a Winlink 2000 RMS node?  If it is
possible, how do I configure D-RATS to do it and how do I address
the E-mail in D-RATS?  Note the WL2K: prefix on an E-mail
address in D-RATS causes a D-RATS  error window to pop up indicating
that this feature cannot run on a 64-bit operating system.

If it is NOT possible to get E-mail from D-RATS directly to a Winlink
2000 RMS node,  what is the purpose in D-RATS Preferences – > Messages
of configuring Winlink 2000, what is it for, what is it designed to do?

KB3ONM
Kirk