[drats_users] Fwd: D-RATS - Messages Store & Forward Info

Dan Smith
Thu May 26 12:16:26 PDT 2011

> I'm going to make an hot-spot where I want to run a D-RATS session. I want
> to act this "special" station (IR5AG) as a message "store&  forward" service, in
> which a user (i.e. IZ5FSA) can leave a  message for others (i.e. IW5CWA). I hope
> to make this and I hope IR5AG will be able to deliver my message to IW5CWA when
> this station will be hearded in the future.
> Is this feature active on latest version?

Yeah, this should work in the current version.

> Other questions... Can you made a feature to delete hearded stations after /n/
> minutes to keep it clean on D-RATS stations used as "24x7 public services"? How
> can I say "Hallo" and send a message or chat-text to any station first time
> hearded on a specific port? Can you add a parameter to QST messages to address
> it to a specific enabled port or to all ports?

Yeah, I can do most of this as time permits.

> Last but not the least... how much does it cost to run D-RATS in a terminal (no
> GUI) mode?

Hah, you snuck that one in there, eh?  This would require a ton of work
and isn't something I'm likely to get around to any time soon (like,
ever).  The best I can offer you is running it inside a VNC session on a
headless machine :)