[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.3b6

Peter R. Burri
Mon May 16 23:01:58 PDT 2011

Hi Dan

Thanks for the suggestion. Now I created a batch command file
"Start_D-RATS.cmd" containing the following two lines:

SET LANGUAGE=EN
d-rats

After calling that (shortcut in minimized mode) all language elements are in
English now :-). This solution is ok for me.

Thanks again!

Peter, HB9JAQ

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at intrepid.danplanet.com]On Behalf Of Dan
Smith
Sent: Dienstag, 17. Mai 2011 04:04
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.3b6

> Thanks for the new version of D-RATS. Just installed it. What about the
> program language ? Now it seems to adopt the region setting of Windows
> for language selection (German Switzerland in my case). I'd prefer it in
> English and English also is set as the language in program preferences.
> But in spite of that the menus are in German now...

Menus, meaning standard strings, right?  I'm guessing that anything
D-RATS-specific is in English but anything like "Edit", "Copy", "Paste",
etc are all German, is that right?  I'm not sure if I can control the
language of the default GTK elements.

However, you should be able to override the system locale by setting the
LANGUAGE environment variable to "en" for D-RATS only.  I'm not sure how
you do this on Windows, but I'm sure there is a way and maybe some
Windows person on the list could offer up a suggestion :)