[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.3b6

Dan Smith
Mon May 16 19:03:49 PDT 2011

> Thanks for the new version of D-RATS. Just installed it. What about the
> program language ? Now it seems to adopt the region setting of Windows
> for language selection (German Switzerland in my case). I'd prefer it in
> English and English also is set as the language in program preferences.
> But in spite of that the menus are in German now...

Menus, meaning standard strings, right?  I'm guessing that anything
D-RATS-specific is in English but anything like "Edit", "Copy", "Paste",
etc are all German, is that right?  I'm not sure if I can control the
language of the default GTK elements.

However, you should be able to override the system locale by setting the
LANGUAGE environment variable to "en" for D-RATS only.  I'm not sure how
you do this on Windows, but I'm sure there is a way and maybe some
Windows person on the list could offer up a suggestion :)