[drats_users] Installation question

Thomas Kocourek
Mon Mar 21 10:34:27 PDT 2011

Oops, on step 4, the command (CLI) for Ubuntu Linux should really be:
    sudo python ./setup.py build

My apologies to all.

--- On Sun, 3/20/11, Thomas Kocourek <n4fwd at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Thomas Kocourek <n4fwd at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [drats_users] Installation question
To: "Discussion of D-RATS" <drats_users at intrepid.danplanet.com>
Date: Sunday, March 20, 2011, 11:33 PM

For Ubuntu, the repository is behind the latest release of D-Rats. The best way to fix the situation is to build it from the source code. Use a CLI terminal to do the building.
Step one, download the latest support files. The instructions are on this page:    http://www.d-rats.com/documentation/5-developer-notes/21-linux-build-environment/
Step two, download and unpack the latest source code. I made a directory called D-Rats and unpacked it in that directory. Up to you
 whether to use your home directory or not.
Step three, CD to the directory where you unpacked the archive. For myself, i did a     cd D-Rats/d-rats-0.3.2
Step four, once you are in the correct directory, build the current version of D_Rats with the following command:      ./setup.py build
You will see something like:
LOC: ['ui/mainwindow.glade', 'ui/addport.glade']running buildrunning build_pyrunning build_scripts
Then you will see three new files: d-rats, d-rats_mapdownloader, and d-rats_repeater.
If you plan to use the mapping function off-line, I recommend running the d-rats_mapdownloader command right after setting up D-Rats.
Good Luck!