[drats_users] d-rats_repeater.exe @ 100% CPU under Windows

Dan Smith
Fri Jul 1 09:11:45 PDT 2011

> Has anyone else seen this problem?

To be honest, I don't run it under Windows except for short periods of
testing, so I'm not aware of this being a problem. It doesn't seem to
happen on the main ratflectors, but those are running on Linux of course.

> I'm running the D-RATS Repeater Poxy
> under a VirtualBox Windows XP machine and notice from time to time that
> it gets really slow. When I connect to the VM and run the Task Mamager I
> see d-rats_repeater.exe is eating 100% of the CPU. If I simply click the
> D-RATS Repeater Off button and then the On button the CPU usage drops
> back down around 0%. I believe this started happening somewhere around
> 3.2b6.

I imagine this is caused by some half-closed socket it's spinning on, or
something like that.

> Any suggestions on how to debug this? I'm an embedded systems programmer
> by trade so I know my way around a computer and programming languages.
> Are there any log files worth looking at? Anything esel to try?

There should be a repeater.log file that may have something to look at.
If you're a programmer and want to get a python environment setup, feel
free to start dropping debug statements into the code and looking for
the issue :)