[drats_users] 23cms and D-rats & Map Guide

Mike Heitmann
Mon Feb 7 04:26:39 PST 2011

On Feb 7, 2011, at 3:21 AM, "Dave Thomas" <dave.2w0ruh at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Can anybody advise me on how to get d-rats operating on 23cms, the documentation I have has the settings but there is mention that it cannot use PC Application?
>
> Does that mean it will not operate if the ID-1 software is open or that it cannot use D-rats?

I don't have an ID-1 to try, but I suspect it means D-Rats is not able to share the low speed data control connection with the ID-1 application. That's the way it works with the IC-92AD software - I can't run it and D-RATS at the same time.

> Also on the mapping I want to save a map for offline use I can download it but where do I load it from?

I've gone "d-rats mobile" by simply using the map downloader to fetch the maps for  specific area - they get cached somewhere and can be used later by D-Rats when there is no internet connection.

> There is mention of a map guide that says “More detailed information and configuration information can be found in the Map Display guide” but I cannot seem to find it anywhere, any ideas?

Check Patricks' (N3TSZ) D-RATS files section via ratflector port 9000 - he has lots of supplemental notes for using the maps, GPS, etc.

73,
Mike, N0SO