[drats_users] Questionable Identifiers on D-RATS

Raleigh Stout
Fri Dec 30 15:26:56 PST 2011

Thanks to KK7DS for the explanation of the remove command.  My use of
it seems to work until I close D-RATS and re-open D-RATS.  Then, I
must use the remove command again.  I am not experiencing the return
of station identifiers to my listing after I use the remove command,
but I am looking for instances of that.  My configuration is in v0.3.3
Linux and I monitor about eleven ratflectors at the same time due to
low activity on most of them.

Now may be the time to propose a local user-generated block list that
will endure beyond the closing and re-opening of D-RATS.  It should be
able to block any identifier to include valid ham call signs or
non-ham identifiers.  I envision rag-chewers on D-RATS for which other
filtering may not be the best solution, or non-ham identifiers
transmitting data over the local D-RATS station RF bridge.  In these
cases, a local station may benefit from a block list that is more
permanent than the remove command.  This should also work in such a
way that accommodates the decentralised vision of D-RATS.  Adding and
removing from the block list should be supported for ease of use by
the local D-RATS station.

Hope these ideas are useful.

73 Raleigh AC5JW