[drats_users] Running Ratflector on a headless Ubuntu box

Mike Heitmann
Tue Dec 27 20:34:35 PST 2011

On Dec 27, 2011, at 9:20 PM, Craig Gunther <craiggunther at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Any advice for running the D-RATS Reflector on a headless linux box?  Can I just copy the repeater.config file from another linux station where I launched the repeater and put it on the headless box, then point d-rats_repeater at it with the --config= option?  Is there any documentation on what the options are for repeater.config?

Hi Craig,

I run mine (ratf.n0so.net:9000) in a VNC session on a Fedora 16 Linux box. It has a display but boots to a console to conserve resources. I have d-rats_repeater and d-rats client start as part of the xstartup sequencing, so launching the VNC session starts the repeater and a 'robot' client. Should work on a "headless" system too, and it has the advantage of being able to connect to the VNC session to check status.

I use the GUI mode, but I think you can start it with an option to run in a console. Try entering "d-rats_repeater --help" from the command line to see what the options are.

Mike, N0SO