[drats_users] Need Linux CLI Command to reset D-RATS 0.3.3 to Original Config

Mike Heitmann
Sat Dec 17 08:24:43 PST 2011

On Dec 17, 2011, at 9:48 AM, Raleigh Stout <ac5jw.kb5fck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello from AC5JW in Greensboro, NC.
>
> I am looking for a Linux CLI command to remove all leftover files from
> a D-RATS program removal.
>
> I have bad configuration files due to a typo I made in preferences
> while setting a ratflector listing.

Hi Raleigh,

From your home directory type:
rm -Rf .d-rats/

That should remove the hidden directory .d-rats/ . It's where all of the setup and configuration files are stored. It does not get removed when you uninstall or upgrade d-rats.

You can list hidden files and directories from the command line with:
ls  -a

Instead of deleting the entire directory you may be able to get away with just deleting the config file:
rm .d-rats/d-rats.config

You shouldn't need to uninstall, just delete that file and/or directory and-rats will think its running for the first time.

Hope this helps,
Mike, N0SO