[drats_users] EMAIL: Re: Trouble with Connecting on G-mail.

Dan Smith
Wed Aug 24 08:14:55 PDT 2011

> Hi Dan,  I DO have 587, just fat fingered the E-mail.  I looked at
> the Log Files and it says "no Route"  when it starts strobing.  When
> I go to the Webmail version of G-Mail with Chrome and allow it to go
> to the New Version,  it gives me a Warning (This is too long, do you
> still want to keep trying?  I say, "Yes" and hit<enter>.  I wait a
> few more seconds and then it finally connects.  G-mail Notifier (the
> Mail envelope icon)  carries an exclamation superimposed over it.
> When I click on it, it says, "Cannot connect to your E-mail. Service
> temporarily unavailable."  I double click on the Icon and it
> connects, drops the Exclamation Point, and shows me the Window of
> G-Mail with the New E-Mail???????  So even the Notifier is upset with
> the Latency problem or won't wait beyond the 15 seconds to hear the
> reply from G-mail just like D-Rats.  It quits pinging at 15-16
> seconds and pronounces a failure to connect (which if it would try a
> few more pings, would prove to be successful. Can we delay D-Rats
> SMTP connect request a few more seconds?

I replied to your mail about your config telling you what the problem
was. Again, the timeouts and load times of the web version of gmail have
NOTHING to do with D-RATS accessing it directly in this fashion. The
problem is _not_ with D-RATS timing out and changing the delay will not
help.

My reply with the solution is here:

http://intrepid.danplanet.com/pipermail/drats_users/2011-August/004144.html