[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.3b4

David
Sun Sep 12 17:18:13 PDT 2010

thanks for the info
David
ka4kkf

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dan Smith
  To: David ; Discussion of D-RATS
  Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.3b4

  > will the email sent from d-rats pc using the tnc-x over the air to a
  > tnc-x on a JNOS BBS work and from the JNOS BBS to the tnc-x on the
  > d-rats pc?

  No, it will not.  AX.25 is the underlying layer 2/3 protocol for JNOS
  and the like, with a layer 4 messaging protocol on top.  D-RATS
  implements only layer 2, so it can't (a) do connected-mode sessions or
  (b) speak the B2 messaging protocol of JNOS.

  I like JNOS myself, but I have no intentions on bridging the upper
  layers of the legacy packet stuff with D-RATS at this time.  I'm only
  adding the layer 2 AX.25 stuff to be able to leverage existing
  digipeater hardware.