[drats_users] using D-RATS with USB to serial adapter

mike
Sun Nov 21 16:42:02 PST 2010

Hello,

I have been trying to run D-RATS on Linux (Fedora 12) using a USB to
serial adapter.

Software will not allow me to add a serial port in order ro connect to
my ICOM ID-880H. Computer creates ttyUSB0 and it is a valid option when
i bring up the port window but the software will not add it to the
settings when i click on save.

connecting a TNC to the USB to serial adapter works so the problem isn't
the adapter.

Windows version of D-RATS with the adapter works as well.

Thanks for the help

Mike W8VPC