[drats_users] RPM won't install on Fedora 14 - dependencies

Mike Heitmann
Sun Nov 7 17:31:12 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 14:10 -0800, Brian Mury wrote:
> I've recently upgraded to the newly-released Fedora 14.
>
> The D-RATS Fedora RPM won't install; it requires python 2.6, while
> Fedora 14 has python 2.7.
>
> Does D-RATS really need 2.6, or should the dependency be for >= 2.6?

Hi Brian,

Fedora 14 moved from python 2.6 to python 2.7, which causes this
problem. The price of "progress", I suppose.

Do you have the d-rats.com yum repository setup? I just uploaded the
Fedora 14 package for 0.3.3b5 a few minutes ago.

You will probably need to uninstall the F11 version first.
As root:
yum erase d-rats

Then install the F14 version:
yum install d-rats
It should default the the right version

Or use the package manager tool:
system->administration->add/remove packages

Query for d-rats, then uncheck the F11 version and select apply.
The F14 version should be visible in the repo. Select it and select
apply to install the new version.

If that does not work, e-mail me and I'll get you the package another
way so you can do a local install.

73,
Mike,
N0SO