[drats_users] D-Rats Slow Data is Garbled - Packet doesn't decode

Dan Smith
Tue Nov 2 06:51:02 PDT 2010

> Hope this helps someone else in the future.  I was using a Prolific
> USB to Serial converter.  Interestingly it does work with the ICOM
> CS-2820 Software for programming etc...

I use D-RATS exclusively with USB adapters these days, as do most
everyone else I know.  I have definitely run across some bad ones, but
in general you should be fine.

With regards to it "working for CS-2820"... The process of programming
the radio doesn't use any flow control, nor does it require it because
the radio can swallow the data being sent at the full rate.  This is
different from DV mode transport where the incoming and outgoing rates
differ by an order of magnitude.  The part the USB adapters often get
wrong is in the handling/buffering of the flow control signals.