[drats_users] D-Rats Slow Data is Garbled - Packet doesn't decode

Tom G
Mon Nov 1 19:46:24 PDT 2010

Thanks to everyone who replied...the issue is resolved.  My problem was with the cable interface to the PC.  I was using a serial to usb converter inline with the Icom OPC-1529R Data cable.

Everything appeared to be working but the data packet was garbled.  I could decode from other D-Rats stations via RF but the 2820 data couldn't be read.

Eliminating the converter and running straight to a DB 9 serial port and everything works as advertised.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.  I was using a Prolific USB to Serial converter.  Interestingly it does work with the ICOM CS-2820 Software for programming etc...

Tom - W1TG