[drats_users] Can no longer add ports - Ubuntu

Mike Heitmann
Sat May 8 18:16:20 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-05-08 at 15:26 -0700, Peter Dahl wrote:
> After I upgraded from a beta version of D-Rats to 0.3.2 on my
> computer running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS I can no longer add or edit ports.

Hi Peter,

It's happening on later versions of Linux too, and believed to be due to
a recent update in GTK. See ticket:

http://trac.d-rats.com/trac/ticket/245

As a work-around, I recommend adding ports by opening the d-rats.config
file with your favorite text editor, find the [ports] section, copy an
existing line, then edit the parameters to meet your needs. Here is mine
as an example:

[ports]
ports_2 = True,net:ref.d-rats.com:9001,,False,False,C-Ratf-RF
ports_3 = False,dongle:,,True,False,D-DVD
ports_0 = True,net:ns:9000,,True,True,A-ns
ports_1 = True,net:ref.d-rats.com:9000,9600,False,False,B-Ratflector
ports_4 = False,net:localhost:20003,,False,False,DVDongle
ports_5 = True,net:oh.d-rats.net:9000,,False,False,O-OH

Out of curiosity, what GTK and pyGTK version does d-rats report in the
"help->about" dialog?

73,
Mike, N0SO
n0so at att.net