[drats_users] [D-RATS] #209: Outgoing email question

Dan Smith
Sat Mar 20 16:11:41 PDT 2010

> I did a telnet from my computer to the internet and got this response
> 220 mx.google.com ESMTP 13sm1937962gxk.12
>
> Tried it a number of times and got different suffixes.
>
> Is this good or bad?

This is good.  It means your computer is able to reach the server
properly, and rules out an external firewall.

I can say with some certainty now that the problem is a piece of
firewall software on the computer itself not allowing D-RATS to contact
the gmail server.