[drats_users] Python Feedparser

Dan Smith
Fri Mar 19 11:14:11 PDT 2010

> I am trying to install D-RATS on our gateway server (CentOS 5.4).  Yum
> will not find the FeedParser Python module.  Help a Linux noob out
> please.  I am pasting the d-bug dump in case the the missing module is
> but a part of the reason for the failure.  tanx!  -Brian

It's not related.  I thought that python-feedparser was available in
EL5, but maybe you have to add another repo.  However, D-RATS tolerates
that situation by just not letting you do anything with RSS.

>     dest.set_tooltip_text(_("Choose the port where chat " +
> AttributeError: 'gtk.ComboBox' object has no attribute 'set_tooltip_text'

This is an error related to the fact that the Python on EL5 is really
old at this point.  I just tweaked it to tolerate that fact, if you want
to grab a snapshot of the repo and try that:

http://www.d-rats.com/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/d-rats.hg/archive/tip.tar.gz