[drats_users] Outgoing Email question

Dan Smith
Mon Mar 15 08:30:31 PDT 2010

> Next, from the Outbox, I highlight the message and click the
> "Forward" button. In "Station", it shows the destination email
> address. In "Port", it shows "RAT" since I'm on the
> "net:ref.d-rats.com:9000" reflector. I click "OK".

Okay, here's your problem.  I probably need to add something so that if
you try to put anything other than a callsign in the "forward" box, it
will yell at you.  If you would file a bug to remind me that would
help... :)

So, email is handled by the automatic message router, which means that
you need to have "message forwarding" turned on in the preferences.
Once you do that, any email you put in the outbox will go out every X
seconds, where X is the frequency you have set in preferences.  You can
also click the "send/receive" button to trigger that immediately.

There's another gotcha, which has been identified on this list recently
as well, which is that you have to give yourself email access on your
system in order to do this.

To do that, go to preferences -> email access and add an entry for your
callsign (exactly as configured), "Both" access type, and then leave the
email filter field blank.

Let me know if that works for you.