[drats_users] Outgoing Email question

Wayne Chapman
Mon Mar 15 08:01:19 PDT 2010

Thanks for the quick reply !!

Here's what I'm trying to do.

I have attempted to configure D-RATS to use my Gmail account as a
pass-through to another internet email account.

I select "email" from the "New" button.
I place the internet email address in the "Destination Callsign" field.
"Source Callsign" already has my callsign.
I fill in the Subject and the message body.
The "Path" shows my callsign.
I click the "Send" button in the Email Message dialog box.
The message appears in the Outbox.

Next, from the Outbox, I highlight the message and click the "Forward"
button.
In "Station", it shows the destination email address.
In "Port", it shows "RAT" since I'm on the "net:ref.d-rats.com:9000"
reflector.
I click "OK".

In the debug log, I see numerous attempts but an eventual failure.

Then I quit the D-RATS program and collected the debug.log and my
d-rats.config files.

I'll be happy to have you point out the error of my ways.  I'm probably
doing something silly.

Thanks!

73 de Wayne/KG5WU