[drats_users] Once Again

Dan Smith
Mon Mar 15 06:46:24 PDT 2010

> Thanks for the reply.  So far, I haven't been able to make this work
> with an IC-91 on the other side of the house from an ID-880 with an
> outside antenna. Next I guess I'll try one on Module B and one on C.

Is the 91 on an external antenna?  If so, the 880 will probably desense
the 91 enough to make it not work.  If the 91 is using a rubber duck,
I'm sure you won't make it into the repeater well enough.  Remember that
voice quality has no bearing on data quality.

Turn on "raw text" mode for your configured radio on both machines.  If
you see yellow garbage in the chat window of the receiving side, then
you're "not making it".  Either the transmitter is desensing the
receiver, or one doesn't have a solid signal into or out of the repeater.

I assume you've got the ID-880 computer set on 9600 baud and the IC-91
computer set to 38400 baud, right?