[drats_users] Uninstall?

Dan Smith
Sun Mar 14 11:10:24 PDT 2010

> Most important difference is the different "bin" dir... Installing from
> source you put them in /usr/local/bin/, installing from .deb you put
> them in /usr/bin/

Yes, doing the following would be a good idea:

  rm -f /usr/local/bin/d-rats*

Although if you install from the dpkg and then run from the Applications
menu icon, then it will run the proper binary anyway.

> It will be useful to have a remove command in setup.py program.

Like I've said before, the "install" is not something that I wrote, it's
part of distutils.  The setup.py just invokes distutils with the proper
arguments.  To my knowledge, distutils doesn't have an uninstall routine
and no python packages provide one that I know of.  It's annoying, I
know, but that's why the deb and rpm packages are the better option now
that Mike is making them for us :)