[drats_users] Uninstall?

IZ5FSA
Sat Mar 13 23:10:17 PST 2010

It's NOT the same:

iz5fsa at ubuntu-desktop:~$ sudo updatedb
iz5fsa at ubuntu-desktop:~$ locate d-rats > prima
iz5fsa at ubuntu-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install d-rats
[...]
iz5fsa at ubuntu-desktop:~$ sudo updatedb
iz5fsa at ubuntu-desktop:~$ locate d-rats > dopo
iz5fsa at ubuntu-desktop:~$ diff prima dopo
1505a1506,1508
 > /usr/bin/d-rats
 > /usr/bin/d-rats_mapdownloader
 > /usr/bin/d-rats_repeater
1566a1570,1573
 > /usr/share/doc/d-rats
 > /usr/share/doc/d-rats/README.Debian
 > /usr/share/doc/d-rats/changelog.Debian.gz
 > /usr/share/doc/d-rats/copyright
1569a1577,1578
 > /var/lib/dpkg/info/d-rats.list
 > /var/lib/dpkg/info/d-rats.md5sums
iz5fsa at ubuntu-desktop:~$

Most important difference is the different "bin" dir... Installing from
source you put them in /usr/local/bin/, installing from .deb you put
them in /usr/bin/

It will be useful to have a remove command in setup.py program.

73s de Leo, IZ5FSA