[drats_users] Message problems

Dan Smith
Mon Mar 8 20:25:50 PST 2010

> One station was able to send messages out but was not receiving
> messages in. I did a "test connectivity" and it was 100% between me
> and him. According to the S meter on my radio I was getting him full
> scale. I tried to send him a message twice. In the event log is
> showed as sent. He said he never received either of them.

Did they go into his outbox, by chance?  If D-RATS thinks that the
message is destined for another station for some reason, it will put it
directly in the outbox.  If you could grab his debug log after you send
him a message and he doesn't see it, that would help.

> One of the message he sent he forwarded message.  He got a message
> that said "transfer interrupted with 104% having been sent" !!!!

That's okay.  There is a brief period where the message is uncompressed
and an errant status message can get displayed because the message
suddenly becomes larger than the size of the transfer.

> Why do we keep getting a window "Unable to open: message in use by
> another task" even when no other task is apparently going on? The
> only was to open the message is to shut down D-Rats and restart it.

That means the message routing thread is trying to send the message to
another station, or that the message is currently being manually sent by
you somewhere.

> After creating and sending a message, we are having to restart D-Rats
> before we are able to create another message.If you try to open a
> new message it acts like it is going to open, you don't get a message
> window to open, there is a message that shows in the draft folder,
> but you are unable to open it. I have been working around this by
> deleting the message from the draft folder and restarting D-Rats.
> Once restarted then I can open a new forms template and send a
> message out.

Okay, this could be related to the new workflow in b10.  Please grab a
debug log after you hit the first lock message and send it to me.

> Anyone know what is going on with the above issues? We are getting
> ready for an exercise and since the RACES Officer was one of the four
> stations testing this evening, he is really worried about using
> D-Rats in the up coming exercise. HELP!

Well, it's really not a good plan to use a beta version in a real
exercise unless you've thoroughly tested it.  Suggesting doing so should
be more scary to you than the problems themselves :)