[drats_users] Message problems

DESloan at aol.com
Mon Mar 8 20:11:23 PST 2010

Four of us tried to send messages this evening using RF. I was using XP pro
 with D-Rats ver b10. Others were using other OS's and some older versions
of  D-Rats. Here are the problems we ran into.

One station was able to send messages out but was not receiving messages
in. I did a "test connectivity" and it was 100% between me and him. According
to  the S meter on my radio I was getting him full scale. I tried to send
him a  message twice. In the event log is showed as sent. He said he never
received  either of them. Another station sent two messages to him. Again it
looked ok in  the event log to me. But, he didn't receive either of them. One
of the message  he sent he forwarded message.  He got a message that said
"transfer  interrupted with 104% having been sent" !!!!

Why do we keep getting a window "Unable to open: message in use by another
task" even when no other task is apparently going on? The only was to open
the  message is to shut down D-Rats and restart it.

After creating and sending a message, we are having to restart D-Rats
before we are able to create another message.If you try to open a new message it
 acts like it is going to open, you don't get a message window to open,
there is  a message that shows in the draft folder, but you are unable to open
it. I have  been working around this by deleting the message from the draft
folder and  restarting D-Rats. Once restarted then I can open a new forms
template and send  a message out.

Anyone know what is going on with the above issues? We are getting ready
for an exercise and since the RACES Officer was one of the four stations
testing  this evening, he is really worried about using D-Rats in the up coming
exercise.  HELP!

TNX &  73,
Dave N0EOP