[drats_users] Daemon version of D-RATS for Linux?

Mark Phillips
Wed Jun 9 18:40:37 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Y'know, it strikes me that an ideal place to park a D-RATS server
instance (capable of email gatewaying etc) would be on the G2 server
itself. That way your local RF users could have D-RATS Internet access etc.

The D-RATS instance could communicate with the radio stack in the same
way that DPLUS and others do - by forwarding their pre-assembled packets
to the repeater controller's APIlike thing. Very similar in fact to the
way that D-RATS and DVAR can swap data.

Now I'm sure this has been brought up before. What was the verdict?

Mark