[drats_users] Help using RF

Mike Heitmann
Tue Jun 1 20:18:05 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 18:56 -0400, Brett Ruiz wrote:
> My question is:
>
> How do I go about this. Do I have to connect our local repeater to a
> reflector in order for me to ‘see’ other stations on my screen (and be
> able to chat with them) or is there another procedure?
>
> Since I am the only D-star user here (maybe throughout the entire
> Caribbean), I don’t have no one to turn to for help.

Hi Brett,

If you can link your repeater gateway to REF015C, I'd be happy to set up
a schedule with you to QSO using d-rats on REF015C.

If you have two D-STAR radios and two computers, you can also experiment
on a simplex frequency, or through your local repeater.

Operating tip: When running d-rats on our local repeater, I usually
change the TX message on the radio to send "Mike - running D-RATS". I
will also talk periodically and announce "N0SO running D-RATS" on voice.
I do this to be considerate of local voice users - and in the hope of
drumming up more interest in D-RATS locally!

Please feel free to add ratf.n0so.net port 9000 as a network port. It's
lightly used, but I have a d-rats client setup there with a small file
repository, including a guest log that you can download, add your
information to, then re-upload to my system.

73,
Mike, N0SO